10 Best Features of Matrimonial Portal Development
Matrimonial portal development is one of the crucial areas of web development these days owing to the huge success and popularity of matchmaking portals. With the help of advanced technology, like-minded people are finding their perfect match for their lifetime. And so, if you’re interested in building a feature-rich matrimonial portal, you need to know which aspects of your portal should be focused upon during the development phase. To help you in this task, here we present the 10 best features of matrimonial portal development every developer should know.
1. Verification of Profile: You need to keep in mind that the users of a matrimonial site are those who are looking for the true love of their life instead of casual dating. Such users are quite cautious about the profile verification of their potential matches because it’s a serious issue for them. Hence, the verification of each profile should be very strong on your matrimonial portal. The personal information of the users should be investigated thoroughly to avoid any chances of fraudulence. Some aspects that you can include on the site are checking identity proofs, mobile numbers, email ids, images, thumbnails, etc.
2. Search Filters: The next feature that you need to incorporate in your matrimonial portal is a search filter, which can help the users narrow down their search easily. You can do the same by including some parameters based on religion, occupation, age, height, hobbies, interests and other necessary information. The users will surely be satisfied with these filtered results and find the portal useful. For example, all the Christian users on your site will only find matches belonging to the same religion if it’s a priority for them. The same goes for all users looking for matches who are doctors or administrative officers.
3. On-Time Notifications: For any portal connecting people, notifications or real-time updates are important. Matrimonial portals contain time-sensitive information about the users such as new matches, profile verification, new messages, etc. As soon as the users get informed about these updates, they will be able to respond promptly. For the improvement of their activities and engagement, on-time notifications play a crucial role on these sites. Otherwise, there will be delays or missing out on opportunities. But, this feature also needs to be personalised so that the users can decide whether they want notifications or not.
4. Messaging Contacts: Communication is the key to match-making on matrimonial sites. Hence, the users should be able to message each other and get to know each other. This way, they will be able to select the best person among all the potential matches. Also, you need to keep in mind that the conversations between two potential matches on any matrimonial or matchmaking portal are highly confidential and cannot take place openly through public posts or comments. For the sake of keeping their personal information protected and safe, messaging is a feature that you need to focus on during the development phase.
5. Save & Pin: While there are plenty of options when it comes to choosing a matrimonial site, you need to incorporate some exclusive features that attract the majority of the users. Save and Pin are two such features that can impress users by helping them organise their activities on the site. As they will be able to bookmark the profiles they like, revisiting the profiles of their potential matches will be easier. Hence, you need to discuss the same with your web development company, So that these features are included in your matrimonial portal.
6. Strong Password: Online platforms and especially social media platforms are quite strict when it comes to their password policy. The main reason is sheer protection against all kinds of unauthorised access or hacking of profiles. Your matrimonial portal should primarily focus on all the safety standards among which a strong password is a crucial one. Research shows that matrimonial sites across the globe are under potential threat of identity theft. As this is quite a serious issue for any site matching people for a lifetime, a strong password system is a necessity.
7. Strict Evaluation: This feature is again one of the safety standards that you need to maintain on your matrimonial portal. There could be users providing fake personal information on the site and cheating other users. The outcome of it can be dangerous as it’s about the future of the users. Hence, you need to develop a team that evaluates each and every profile before providing any access to the site. A strict evaluation will also help you to enhance the quality and authenticity of your portal among all your competitors.
8. Secure Payment: Matrimonial portals include both free and paid registration options for the users. With the paid subscription, the users get added facilities and advantages such as search filters, better matches and exciting offers, just to name a few. If you provide paid registration option on your matrimonial portal, you need to ensure a secure payment policy to avoid any kind of mishandling of charges and confidential information. If you plan to partner with a third-party vendor for the payments, you can discuss with them the strict policies you want to apply during the initial phase of the matrimonial portal development.
9. Flexible Payment Modes: On any online portal that uses monetary transactions, flexible payment modes are crucial these days. We all know that there are plenty of digital transaction options today owing to the advancement of technology. The users on your matrimonial site need the most convenient transaction option so that they can subscribe easily without any hassle. This way, you will be able to improve user experience by prioritizing their preferences. It will also improve your portal’s market competitiveness to a great extent.
10. Revenue Generation: The last and final feature in this list is revenue generation, which is essential for any business. For matrimonial portals, a paid membership is the best way to ensure the same. Through paid subscription, you can add on some exclusive features such as personalisation of profiles, search filters, boosting, etc. Another way of generating revenue with your matrimonial portal is by including in-app purchases. Some of the best matrimonial sites have recently incorporated this feature with an option of sending virtual gifts to their potential matches.
To conclude our post on the 10 best features of matrimonial portal development, we would like to highlight the main reason for these features. We believe that user experience is everything on an online portal, which can be enhanced by ensuring all the above features. Once your users are happy, improving the growth of your business in your respected domain will be easier than ever.
If you are looking for a web development agency in Minneapolis that offers exceptional matrimonial site development services, contact us at Idiosys USA. We provide an array of web and app development services focusing on the specific needs and goals of our esteemed clients. Feel free to discuss your needs and preferences with our team of highly experienced matrimonial portal developers today!
You May Also Read